Learning Comment:
I think that the use of point of view shots to show the characters view point would be effective in creating more empathy towards the character and to gain insight into their private thoughts and feelings. This could be accompanied with a voice over/monologue to show their private thoughts. I also think that zooming in on parts of the setting would be effective in setting the scene and therefore would enable me to show if the place the characters are in are dangerous or in fact are nice without having to set up an elaborate set. Music is very effective in the construction of a narrative as it shows the situation of the character and whether the situation they are in is negative of positive. The text can also suggest what the genre of film is so therefore I would probably use bright colours in mine to show that it has elements of comedy featured in it.
For my own video I need to:
- Make sure that the music represents what is happening- for example using sad music in an emotional scene
- Use camera angles that give hints on what may happen in the scene - for example POV shots to show that the character is searching for something
- Credit all the conventional people in the opening in an interesting way so that the audience is thoroughly engaged- I could do this by using dramatic music and showing the most important people on a black background to that the audience is not distracted by the setting and the dramatic music would make the audience interested.
- I also need to find a setting that is appropriate for what I am doing- this could simply be set in a school or a place that teenagers are typically shown to hang out at
No comments:
Post a Comment